Intern positions and requirements
KW2 interns are exposed to all areas of the company, which includes account services, creative, digital, media and production, and there may be opportunities to support new business development, social media and administration.
Three positions are available per year—during Spring, Summer and Fall semesters.* Applicants must be able to commit 10-15 hours per week to the internship and must be a Junior or Senior majoring in the journalism, marketing or business fields.
*Starts one week into the semester and ends one week prior to finals; Summer start and end dates vary.
- Reliability, punctuality and self-starter skills required.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Organized and able to work with multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules.
- Flexible and a creative problem-solver.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
KW2 interns are exposed to all areas of an advertising agency—account service, account planning, creative, production and interactive—but are focused primarily on the account side. The type of assignments our interns work on, more specifically, can be broken down into four categories:
- Current client work: competitive research, project management (creation of project briefs, change orders, production estimates), and participation in meetings, creative brainstorms and strategic discussions. Interns are able to see first-hand the advertising/marketing process from initial client request through creative concepting and into final production.
- New business: backgrounding, research, list generation, etc.
- Social media: participation in KW2 social media spaces
- Administrative support: documentation routing and filing, meeting notes