The Digital Media Planner/Buyer works in cross-functional teams to plan, execute, build and present digital media campaigns to existing client and new business prospects. On a regular basis you will analyze, optimize, and provide recommendations on paid media initiatives. Media vehicles may include paid search, display & mobile banners, paid social, online video, email, streaming audio and more.
This position will create, build, and maintain working partnerships with vendors and potentially new vendors. You will work with various partners and vendors to initiate and implement the digital media plan and work closely with the KW2 Traffic Department to ensure all creative specs are correct and due dates are met.
New Business Responsibilities
- Provide content as-needed for RFPs that have a digital media component
- Write clear, concise and accurate estimates for new business opportunities
- Present digital media recommendations and competencies to new business prospects
- Represent KW2 Digital Media in a positive and professional way when attending new business meetings, client functions or professional development events.
Media Strategy and Planning
- Establish media strategy in collaboration with KW2 Account services. You will provide strong data to back up strategies, and tie recommendations to client goals and objectives.
- Plans strategically with traditional media planner/buyer to ensure offline and online tactics complement each other and maximize results for the client.
- Establish measurement plans and metrics for digital media buys.
- Create and present digital media recommendations to Account Service and directly to clients when needed.
- Work with other KW2 teams in concepting on campaigns that involve digital and other traditional media outlets. This involves content concepting with Creative and UX personnel.
Media Buying and Reconciliation
- Maintain proactive communications with vendor partners. Issue RFPs to and negotiate with digital media vendors as needed
- Perform media and keyword research as necessary to inform buy recommendations
- Create and deliver buy recommendations internally and to clients, detailing approach as well as vendor, placement and targeting recommendations
- Issue orders to digital vendors
- Set up ad accounts as necessary, ensuring that metrics can be easily tracked through analytics platforms
- Issue accurate media billing to clients
- Frequently enter and reconcile digital media invoices with planned/purchased amounts to ensure adequate pacing and full delivery
Reporting and Optimization
- Optimize and report on each buy on a timeline to be determined by Digital Media or Account Manager.
- Present to account managers and clients and implement feedback
- Ensure performance against pre-determined KPIs and as part of overall marketing goals
- Establish and maintain a reporting structure for each digital media campaign
- If necessary, negotiate and implement makegoods
- Stay current on your knowledge of the main PPC platforms that KW2 recommends for clients.
- Train Media Coordinator in the digital media needs from a coordinator level
- Provide training on an as-needed basis for clients and KW2 employees
- Responsible for writing regular articles for publication on KW2 website (2 per year)
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked
- 3-4 years in digital media planning & buying
- 2+ years experience managing paid search campaigns
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certified
- Understanding of and comfortability with off-site and on-site media reporting metrics and how to optimize campaigns based on current performance
- Experience with and understanding of traditional media planning and buying is a plus.